On Page Optimization is the first of the two major factors in search engine rankings. This is the foundation of your website’s SEO on which the off-site Optimization process builds upon. In this process we adjust the coding and improve the technical aspects of a website which makes your website appeal to both users and search engines.
On page SEO should be implemented keeping in mind both your website user and search engines. Search Engine Optimization and usability both have equal importance in web development and on-site SEO of a website. We have got expertise in optimizing HTML, CSS, XHTML etc websites in various CMS like WordPress, Magento, Joomla, Drupal, Zencart, Opencart, Prestashop etc. Here is a checklist of the most important techniques that we use for on-page SEO in 2014:
- Page Title: make sure the title is integrated with some of your targeted keywords. The title should be according to your page and should not be longer than 70 characters.
- Describe your page content and try to use your most competitive keywords in the text. Use no more than 160 characters.
- H1 Tag should have one, but no more than one, H1 tag that defines the scope of what is on your page – it should be integrated with keywords as well.
- Optimize each image with ALT and Title tags. Also optimize the Image name by using the keywords within the tags as well.
- Making sure the website URLs are not too long, and embed your targeted main keywords. Create search engine friendly URLs by removing signs like &, Spaces, ?, etc in website URLs.
- Add quality content of at-least 500 words optimized with keywords for each page. Also improve content to match content on competitor websites.
- Suggest website owner to have a responsive web design for their site that is easy to access via smart phones and tabs too.
- Ensure the site isn’t too slow and avoid tables and frames as they cause the page to load slower. And externalize the JS and CSS codes to make your website pages load faster.
- Ensure your navigation is crawlable by search engines, whether it be text or image based.
- Use geo-tagging to let your users and search engines see your actual business location. It is a way for businesses to optimize images for local SEO.
- Use authorship to take the ownership of the content you publish on your website.
- Improve internal linking structure to engage customers within the website and control the bounce rate.
- Canonicalize website URLs which helps search engines know which url you prefer to be canonical.
- Create a user-friendly 404 error page. So when a user mistyped or a link breaks this 404 error page appears.
- Add robots.txt file on the website and webmaster tools. It instructs search engines to crawl and index pages on their website.
- Add social media sharing buttons to encourage your readers to share your website’s content on their profiles.
- Remove unnecessary outbound links.
- Check and Fix duplicate content issues.
- Create XML Sitemap and add it to the website. Also include the sitemap on Google and Bing webmaster tools.
- Installing Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and Bing Webmaster Tools.
These techniques are some of the ways that you can improve your on-page SEO and get the SEO basics right in 2014. They will help to get your pages working better, get the site crawled by search engines and will also help to increase the value of all web pages. Contact us for a free initial consultation on your SEO project. And we have got special offers on on-site SEO work for IT outsourcing companies.